While the FRG is a great venue to learn more about Navy life and meet other families in our situation, the Ombudsman are a great go-to-resource for questions pertaining to your sailor and their command.
The Ombudsman for the USS Carl Vinson are key resources for all family members, especially before and during deployments, relocation, crises and other major life events.
Your Ombudsman will:
• Maintain current resource files
• Provide information on Navy benefits and support systems
• Facilitate communication between the command and families
• Provide official and accurate command information
• Publish or contribute to a command newsletter
• Interact with local and national resources
• Maintain confidentiality with in program guidelines. Mandatory reportables include situations of suspected or known abuse, violence or life-threatening situation or possible suicide
• When appropriate, access appropriate chain of command for intervention
• Be available for emergency assistance and routine requests
Ombudsman are available and on call 24/7/365. If it is not an emergency please limit your calls to between the hours of 8am and 10pm.